Job Description: You will be responsible for developing and servicing new customers nationally, working to expand market share of customer business, earning an acceptable rate of return on sales, meeting profitability goals, developing strong carrier relationships within the market. If you are looking to join the cutting edge of third party logistics, and aspire for excellence, then you have come to the right place!
• Identify customer needs and provide 3rd party logistics solutions
• Initiate and maintain effective relationships with customers for company growth
• Negotiate rates with customers to maximize profitability
• Develop and manage a network of outside carriers to move freight in the most efficient and profitable manner possible.
• Responsible for performance and development of a group of carrier and/or sales personnel within the company.
• Meet or exceed required margin and revenue goals.
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency.
• Must be able to deal effectively and tactfully with customer and employees in a fast-paced, stressful work environment.
• Strong negotiation skills
Customer Service Representative
Job Description: Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Manages and performs Customer Service functions regarding a specific or assigned number or assigned customers that could include regional, dedicated or National Accounts. Will work in conjunction with other internal departments to achieve territorial balance of capacity and freight while achieving high service levels. Provide direction regarding customer needs, requirements and capacity.
• Serve as an extension of Sales to expand business revenue by exploring all dedicated, and logistics opportunities with Customers.
• Ability to set priorities and to communicate to areas involving changes that could affect daily operations.
• Serve as Customer's first line of communication and refer Customer to the proper departments if/when necessary (i.e. Pricing, claims, etc.).
• Maintains knowledge of customer contractual requirements relative to trailer pools in order to keep turns at the level set to gain optimum utilization of company equipment.
• Responsible for monitoring and tracing loads so that follow up can be made to Customers regarding late pickups and or deliveries; as well as any other changes that may occur.
• Responsible for managing and clearing assigned user discrepancy queue to expedite the billing process.
• Responsible for managing service issues by researching and coding all applicable service failures in the system to support accurate service reporting.
• Responsible for managing EDI related requirements or other similar electronic transmissions as required by Customer.
• Assist in collecting and maintaining current Customer information in the system.
• Communicate service problems, turned down freight, and new business opportunities to Sales.
• Determine balance, capacity, and demand of loads and trucks.
• Communicate with Terminal and Driver managers regarding Driver needs. Work with Planning Directors, if applicable, on customer trailer issues, including detention monitoring.
• Work directly with Sales Managers on customer needs and requirements.
• Monitor service failures with the team.
Ability to work well with others, knowledge of the transportation industry preferred, ability to communicate well with others, ability to transfer knowledge, above average writing skills and organizational skills, professional appearance, ability to take direction from managers and detail oriented, ability to solve problems and work in high pressure situations, and computer based keyboard skills. Working knowledge of Excel, Word, and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, and excellent time management skills. Ability to manage various large accounts and activities, and self motivated.
Job Description: As a Driver Recruiter, you will be responsible for sourcing, soliciting and screening potential drivers.
• Develop potential driver leads using cold calling, email, computer databases and internet recruiting resources.
• Present the benefits of working for Stallion Transportation Group to qualified candidates and close the offer to meet recruiting goals.
• Assist qualified candidates in completing their employment application and ensure all necessary paperwork is sent to Driver Personnel to expedite the background check process.
• Track qualified candidates for future job opportunities.
• Report status on potential drivers and scheduled orientation dates to management as required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 7-11 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Sales or recruiting related experience preferred.