Job Description: You will be responsible for developing and servicing new customers nationally, working to expand market share of customer business, earning an acceptable rate of return on sales, meeting profitability goals, developing strong carrier relationships within the market. If you are looking to join the cutting edge of third party logistics, and aspire for excellence, then you have come to the right place!
• Identify customer needs and provide 3rd party logistics solutions
• Initiate and maintain effective relationships with customers for company growth
• Negotiate rates with customers to maximize profitability
• Develop and manage a network of outside carriers to move freight in the most efficient and profitable manner possible.
• Responsible for performance and development of a group of carrier and/or sales personnel within the company.
• Meet or exceed required margin and revenue goals.
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency.
• Must be able to deal effectively and tactfully with customer and employees in a fast-paced, stressful work environment.
• Strong negotiation skills
Job Description: Provide information by answering telephones, responding to satellite communications and documenting information as required.
• Dispatches drivers on loads as instructed or as needed
• Handles problems at night and on weekends
• Updates computer information
• Monitors communication system
• Maintain database on Entrance Security System and responsible for on-site visitor process
• Issues electronic cash funds to drivers as needed.
• Helps correct problems associates with dispatch, accidents, fuel or other related
• operational issues.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending and participate in appropriate training
• Contributes to the team effort by recommending improved processes
• Works well with others within the department and company
• Contributes to department goals by accomplishing related results as needed
• Ensures company confidentiality
Requirements: Ability to communicate through verbal and written correspondence with all levels of management, employees and outside contacts
• Basic computer skills using spreadsheets, and word processing
• Accurate typing and data entry skills
• Ability to work multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Strong Customer Service skills
• Knowledge of DOT requirements
• Knowledgeable and able to assist drivers in problems associated with over the road
• Must work independently with minimal supervision
Customer Service Representative
Job Description: Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Manages and performs Customer Service functions regarding a specific or assigned number or assigned customers that could include regional, dedicated or National Accounts. Will work in conjunction with other internal departments to achieve territorial balance of capacity and freight while achieving high service levels. Provide direction regarding customer needs, requirements and capacity.
• Serve as an extension of Sales to expand business revenue by exploring all dedicated, and logistics opportunities with Customers.
• Ability to set priorities and to communicate to areas involving changes that could affect daily operations.
• Serve as Customer's first line of communication and refer Customer to the proper departments if/when necessary (i.e. Pricing, claims, etc.).
• Maintains knowledge of customer contractual requirements relative to trailer pools in order to keep turns at the level set to gain optimum utilization of company equipment.
• Responsible for monitoring and tracing loads so that follow up can be made to Customers regarding late pickups and or deliveries; as well as any other changes that may occur.
• Responsible for managing and clearing assigned user discrepancy queue to expedite the billing process.
• Responsible for managing service issues by researching and coding all applicable service failures in the system to support accurate service reporting.
• Responsible for managing EDI related requirements or other similar electronic transmissions as required by Customer.
• Assist in collecting and maintaining current Customer information in the system.
• Communicate service problems, turned down freight, and new business opportunities to Sales.
• Determine balance, capacity, and demand of loads and trucks.
• Communicate with Terminal and Driver managers regarding Driver needs. Work with Planning Directors, if applicable, on customer trailer issues, including detention monitoring.
• Work directly with Sales Managers on customer needs and requirements.
• Monitor service failures with the team.
Skills: Ability to work well with others, knowledge of the transportation industry preferred, ability to communicate well with others, ability to transfer knowledge, above average writing skills and organizational skills, professional appearance, ability to take direction from managers and detail oriented, ability to solve problems and work in high pressure situations, and computer based keyboard skills. Working knowledge of Excel, Word, and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, and excellent time management skills. Ability to manage various large accounts and activities, and self motivated.